San Carlo’s Lobster Claudio
Dine like a Champion at home with this month’s recipe – San Carlo’s Lobster Claudio
Our Italian super chef Aldo Zilli created this fabulous lobster dish in honour of Leicester FC supremo and regular San Carlo Leicester diner, Claudio Ranieri and now you can recreate it at home, following Aldo’s tips and guide:
San Carlo Restaurant Group’s Chef Consigliere, Aldo Zilli:
“Lobster Claudio is a half lobster thermidor with a bright and fresh Roma tomato salad. It’s a stunning dish, delicate in flavour and needs nothing more than a simple but delicious fresh salad with great tomatoes and a little torn basil. The secret is in using only the best ingredients – the lobster is now in season, must be as fresh as possible and cooked to perfection, enjoy!”
‘San Carlo’s Lobster Claudio’
- 1 medium cooked lobster
- 30g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 325ml fresh fish stock
- 60ml white wine
- 60ml double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Salad – fresh green salad leaves with ripe Roma tomatoes
Prep time 30 mins Cook time 10 mins Ready in 40 mins
1. Cut the lobster in half lengthways, and remove the meat from the claws and tail. Leave to one side. Remove any meat from the head and set aside. Cut the meat up into pieces and place back into the shell
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot; cook and stir until tender. Mix in the fish stock, white wine and double cream. Bring to the boil, and cook until reduced by half. Mix in the mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat your oven’s grill.
4. Place the lobster halves on a grill pan or swiss roll tin, and spoon the sauce over the lobster meat in the shell. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
5. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, just until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Tweet us a photograph of your dish to @SanCarlo_Group